, , , ,

View All Posts


June 01, 2006

Wake up Sleepy Head

A short note as we are waiting in the hallway for permission to return to ICU.

Drew's white blood cells are up to 2.4 (great!), and all his other important numbers are in the very good range. So, the medical team stopped his "sleepy" drugs at 9am and we are patiently waiting for him to wake. Actually, we want front row seats to the show when Drew wakes up and finds his wrists tied down, a hospital gown on, a breathing tube and feeding tube down his throat AND three new IV tubes out of his neck. The medical team has decided it will take more than a few and are taking shifts of hanging around the ICU waiting for the moment when the guy in 8208 wakes up.

We will share the experience tonight - but don't panic if it's not posted until real late - he has never been an easy kid to wake up - so this may take a while especially with the deep sedation he has been under.

Enjoy the day!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good slumber, but I'd imagine waking up with all that extra stuff (and a gown!) might be traumatic. Sounds like Wanda is still kickin' butt. Keep up the good game, Drew!

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear things are going much better... can't wait 'til the day when i read.. We're out of here!!!!!!!!!!!............ thoughts and smiles to all, hugs susie and family

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said, floats like a butterfly....stings like a bee.

Let's just hope he doesn't bite anybody's ear off.

GREAT NEWS! GOOD STUFF TEAM LLEWELLYN!!!

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're here down under calculating the time difference & have decided you are all right in the thick of things now as Drew comes out of his slumber. Hang in there Team Llewellyn....all these prayers must be getting through!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger J.C. said...

I hope it was as restful as sleep can be in the ICU for you Drew. I hope they can get some of those tubes out of you soon. I think of you every day as I am treating patients (as an occupational therapy student) in the ICU. I encourage my patients by telling them to think of their adventure as a sporing match....like a break away in soccer,that you just can't let up for a minute and keep the eye on the ball!!! They smile and are encouraged by you...much love, J.C.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger J.C. said...

I hope it was as restful as sleep can be in the ICU for you Drew. I hope they can get some of those tubes out of you soon. I think of you every day as I am treating patients (as an occupational therapy student) in the ICU. I encourage my patients by telling them to think of their adventure as a sporing match....like a break away in soccer,that you just can't let up for a minute and keep the eye on the ball!!! They smile and are encouraged by you...much love, J.C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home