, , , ,

View All Posts


May 24, 2006

Restless

Each night as we review the day, there is usually something that hits us as a theme. Today, Day 15, it was "restless". We have been living in Durham for a little over a month and in the hospital for 24 days - we have radiated the cancer cells, chemoed the immune system, displayed the side effects of these wicked drugs and processes and today Drew said "I don't want to play this game any more - let's pick a new one". We both laughed because we knew this is the ONLY game and there is no resting on the bench and all substitutions have been used. So we walked the halls - and we walked and we walked.

A short entry tonight as we are exhausted - anxious for those stem cells to begin their work. Drew knows that the next step is battling the Graft vs. Host disease - ah - a new game to play!

Day 15 is done. Even Westbrook is tired.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby - hope everyone else is resting as peacefully. Much love to all.

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gold stars, bigggg trophies and shiny medals are being earned by everyone in this game in progess!!! We are in awe of your strength and determination to play overtime after overtime. No penalty kicks to end this game quickly. Hope you had a peaceful night.

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Longest game ever---and as much as I hated PK's, wish it was a possibility now. Just remember that in the early days of gaming to the biggest game now, each game and each struggle made you stronger for the next play. Restlessness was the motivator. Fatigue gave way to a "second wind". Hang in there sweetie. Blue bracelets are flying and sending energy your way.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,have you missed me? Been packing this dirty house and I am sitting on the floor typing because the furniture is gone. While packing this house Rich ran into some work of his and Drew's from school. Ah, memories.As I am sitting in the basement typing on the computer, I envision the holes in the walls that the boys so playfully put there while playing indoor soccer or table tennis. Those holes are no longer there but the memories are and I love them. I am spending another night in the house on the floor as Bruce and I did last night just so as to soak up all the memories so that I can take them to the house that Bruce,Rich Drew, and Ben built.
With love,
Libby

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is what the prayers of your friends are for... to carry on your prayers when you are weary and need rest. We are all praying for you tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home