Celebrating Drew's Life
We will celebrate Drew's life with a gathering of friends and family at St. John's Episcopal Church at 1623 Carmel Road in Charlotte at 4 p.m. Saturday, June 10th, 2006.
In leiu of flowers, Drew would be honored by contributions to the Adult Stem Cell Program, Duke University Medical Center, P.O.Box 3961, Durham, NC 27710.
We will continue to use the blog for communicating some final thoughts in the days ahead.
Labels: Remembering Drew
31 Comments:
to the biggest fighters around -
well i think we can all safely say last night was the first night in such a long time drew was pain-free, smiling, laughing and eating as much as he wanted!!!! No more milkshakes - only solid food for this guy :) It was also the first time drew could hear every single one of us talk to him and let us tell him just how amazing he really is. you feeling the love yet buddy?!
can't wait to get home, see y'all and hug you myself - love you so much...see you soon mrs.L...
~alli
You all are in my prayers & thoughts.
Words can't express my emotions. Jane, as I told you in the beginning... there is a reason for everything.God Bless Drew & our family!
Love,Hugs & Kisses
Christy & family
I would like to express my sincerest sympathy to your family. Jane, I am so thankful for times that I had the chance to speak with you in regards to Drew. "Team Llewellyn" is one of the most inspirational families I have ever case managed.
I am so sorry for your loss.
Gina, Transplant CM
Llewellyn family,
Thank you for sharing your journey with us. We admire your tremendous strength and love. Our thoughts and prayers are with you now and always.
Always,
Emily and RJ Katafiasz
Drew, Jane and Family,
Ellen will be staying with us Friday and Saturday (and perhaps Sunday).
We will see you on Saturday.
Love,
(You know who)
(Correction)
Boxley, Jane and Family,
I am obviously so upset I cannot think straight. I have fought back tears as I have shared this news. Please forgive me.
Ellen will be staying with us Friday and Saturday (and perhaps Sunday).
We will see you on Saturday.
Love,
(You know who)
Jane, Boxley, Ben & Family,
Words cannot express our sorrow during this time. Drews strength and determination was an inspiration to everyone.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Love the Dana Family
Dear Jane, Boxley & Family,
The news hit Beverly Woods Elementary School this morning and friends are passing on the web site. Just want you to know how many wonderful memories we shared this morning about your family. You are all loved and in our prayers. Such a strong witness to what faith, family and love is all about. Thank you for sharing your light. Now when we look up at night we'll see Drew shinning just as bright as he did here on earth!
Love & Hugs,
Sue Rogers,secretary
Beverly Woods Elementary
Dear Jane and family, Please know that I have followed every step and have walked it with you. Now, I am with you in every minute, I will be here to help, listen , whatever you will need. I will keep you all in my prayers, this is a journey on an untraveled road, hold tight to each other and know that Drew is always with you, probably telling you all kinds of things. Just listen to your heart and you will hear, trust me, I know.
Love to you all, Bruce(Bogle)Harris
Jane, Boxley & Family,
I annot find the words to express how sorry we are for the loss of your wonderful son. Our hearts ache at the thought of what you are going through. Please know that your family here in VA have you completely in our thoughts and prayers as you face the days ahead.
Love,
Vicki, Keith & Family
Dear Jane, Boxley, Ben and family,
Our thoughts are with you at this very sad time. Drew's strength and courage have been an inspiration to us all. We won't forget his wonderful spirit and the total love and support that you were able to surround him with.
Take care Team Llewellyn...may you find comfort in the times ahead.
Our love to you all.
The Venus Family (Melbourne)
We knew you all such a short time in Melbourne but your friendship was special. Thankyou for letting us be part of your life via this blog, it certainly made me feel closer to you all.No one tried harder than Team Llewellyn.Sympathy, love, hugs to you all.
Kim Bolto( London)
Jane, Boxley, and family,
We are so deeply saddened by Drew's passing. We know Drew is in a better place yet we know how much of a loss this is to your family. Know that Team Llewelyn supporters acorss the Carolinas and the Globe are crying with you and praying for you during these difficult times. We know that God will help you take comfort in knowing that Drew is totally pain free now. We thank you for sharing this experience with us and teaching us so much about family, commitment, inspiration, and determination. You guys gave Drew the greatest gift you could give, unconditional love and support.
Frank, Robin, Paul, & Chrissy
Jane, Boxley, Ben, Mary & Melissa (I didn't leave anyone out, did I?)
First, I hate to even attempt to write. I am so inept at this. Your family, your son ... you are all so amazing. You have the rest of us standing on the sidelines just in awe of Team Llewellyn. You were so lucky to have Drew as a son and brother ... but Drew was so very blessed to have each of you.
I wish there were some way that I could take away some of your pain. Please stay strong Team Llewellyn.
Love you,
Jackie
Team Llewelyn,
You may be "physically" one man down but you are "spiritually" one man up and all the stronger for what you have been through. Bless you all. Keep the memories of Drew alive.
Thank you SO much for sharing all of this with us. I never met Drew but am truly inspired by him and his will. The love an support you all have for eah other has been wonderful to see through the blog.
Boxley, Jane & family,
My heart aches for all of you. You are all in my thoughts and prayers every day. Sorry that I can not make the service on Saturday, but know that I am with you in spirit. Remember every unexpected smile, thought and warm feeling you receive, they are all from Drew... bless you all
Sandy McFarland, IBM
Please know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers. God bless you and the entire Team Llewellyn!
Courtney Merritt
Metabolic Medical
Boxley & Family ... my deepest sympathies ... I'll keep you all in my prayers
Jerry Kita - IBM
Our deepest sympathies to Boxley and Family..... nothing is more precious than one's own children.
Sterling Rice and Family
A.D. and I have followed Drew's incredible journey, and we are very
sorry it has ended this way, but
know that he is in a better place,
free of pain and teaching soccer.
You all have been so strong throughout and what a trooper Drew
has been. Please know that our throughts and prayers are with you, for you know, we too have been down this road. We have tried
to be some support for Henry and
Mary Lee, but it has been difficult for them being so far
away. I encouraged them to stay
more than a few days as you all
need to be together.
Love, Jane
A.D. and I have followed Drew's incredible journey, and we are very
sorry it has ended this way, but
know that he is in a better place,
free of pain and teaching soccer.
You all have been so strong throughout and what a trooper Drew
has been. Please know that our throughts and prayers are with you, for you know, we too have been down this road. We have tried
to be some support for Henry and
Mary Lee, but it has been difficult for them being so far
away. I encouraged them to stay
more than a few days as you all
need to be together.
Love, Jane
Drew’s "Team Llewellyn" was always by his side and thru all his trials and ups and downs, he always had you by his side to comfort him and make him hopeful. He never felt alone or hopeless. In all this senseless sadness, he was lucky to have a family like you to walk the walk with him.
I truly hope that in due time you will find some comfort in knowing that.
Life can deal us some horrible blows and all we can do is “excepting it”, a little bit at a time.
You will for ever have him in your hearts.
My heart goes out to you!
May Drew rest in peace!
Jane Boxley Ben and family, so sorry we can't be there with you all this saturday, you are in our thoughts everyday, much love the Inglis
To the Llewellyn and Brown families-we want you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers.May God bless you and give you comfort in the days to come.
Love, Eva and Jim Davis
Dear Boxley, Jane and family, Our thoughts and prayers are with you... it's hard to find a meaning in this - so difficult to understand and accept that there must be a greater plan... We celebrate Drew, rejoicing in that you were blessed with such a wonderful son, while we mourn that your time with him was short. Too few years (a hundred wouldn't have seemed enough)in this world, but Drew will always be here - remembered, revered, cherished in the hearts and minds of everyone lucky enough to have known and loved him. Sincerely, Morten and Kim
Have kept up with Drew through his grandmother Llewellyn and was sorry to hear of his passing. I did not know Drew but admire the fight he fought (have read all your blog posts). Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you all, small consolation, I know but so many people are thinking of and praying for you, just hope it helps in some small way. May God bless and keep each one of you in his care.
Dear Team Llewellyn,
Words can't express our devastation in your loss of your incredible son. Your family has been a true inspiration to all of us. Thank you for including us along the way. Your messages showed how close a family you are. You should take great pride in that. We are so sorry to have missed the service, it was Mark's graduation. I will call in a few days. Please know that our love and prayers are with all of you. At least Drew won't have to deal with the damn hospital gowns!!
Love, Foo and the boys
Jane: Al and I just got back into town and heard the news about Drew. We are so very sorry!! You know that Gray met him at the gate and he's not alone. They are having a great time. If you would like to talk, call us anytime, we will be glad to listen. In any case, we will be in touch.
May God bless you and your family. Doris & Al
"They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; for the Lamb Who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." Revelation 7: 16-17
Rest in peace Drew! score one in heaven!
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you celebrate Drew's life and later grieve together as a family. You are a strong family so that will make it easier. I'm sorry Laura Lee, Ted, and Becca could not be there. Katie, I'm sure helped with the upbeat things as she usually does. I'm truly sorry Drew's mountain was a little too high. God bless each of you, Hilda
Still praying for Team L. And will be for many days to come.
Judy
Post a Comment
<< Home