, , , ,

View All Posts


April 19, 2006

HOME AT LAST

Yep, TEAM LLEWELLYN is home for the next 10 days or so. As we have learned with this disease, being home does not necessarily mean being home free. Drew will continue to have his blood levels checked daily and his Thursday and Friday schedule includes a PFT (pulmonary function test), MUGA Scan (I'll let you guess that one - hint: lub dub), PET scan and CT scan with contrast. And you think you have a busy schedule!

We are hoping for a quiet weekend before heading to Duke for a Monday morning appointment with the transplant team. Tentitive date for transplant activities to begin at Duke is Monday, May 1, 2006. Drew will be admitted to the hospital on Sunday, April 30th.

Staying fit is Drew's focus now. Healthy heart & lungs will be a tremendous assest for the chemo and radiation assaults his body will be receiving prior to the actual transplant of the stem cells. While his run in now a walk with his dog, Annie, it is HUGE.

Continue thinking the positive thoughts.

For those still pondering the MUGA Scan it stands for Multiple-gated Acquistion Scan, now you will need to figure out what its scanning!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew, Jane, Boxley & Ben, it's Great to read all the positive things that are going on right now. I look forward each and every day to read of Drew's continued progress and the incredible things that the doctors can do now. Every day is a Gift! Each of you will continue to be in our prayers.... Look out Duke, here comes "Team Llewellyn".... We Love you all dearly. susie, dan(my new husband) brad, dj and kendall

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew, Glad to hear your back home, hope you get some good rest and some good workouts in. I will be back in Charlotte the weekend of the 28th, 29th & 30th. Love to see you again before you head to Duke. I'll call you. Stay strong man, my prayers go out to your continued fight. "GAME ON"
-Ben

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew, Glad to hear your back home, hope you get some good rest and some good workouts in. I will be back in Charlotte the weekend of the 28th, 29th & 30th. Love to see you again before you head to Duke. I'll call you. Stay strong man, my prayers go out to your continued fight. "GAME ON"
-Ben

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Team Llewellyn, you all are incredible! Your beautiful, strong spirit radiates, IN SPITE OF IT ALL! I am convinced that spirit is a significant player in winning this battle. Lots of love coming your way! GAME ON.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew has been an absolute inspiration for me. I was so depressed when I heard I had to have surgery again. I wouldn't leave the house or anything. Then John told me what Drew told the doctors when ya'll found out about his cancer again - "Game on" - and I've tried to adopt that mantra. I check his website every day for updates on how he is doing.
Please tell him and your family I am thinking of them constantly.
And I'm also extremely jealous he got to meet the Panthers!
Leslie (Mary's friend)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home