, , , ,

View All Posts


April 17, 2006

The Schedule...for now


It's Monday morning at 6:30 a.m. The doctor came early, and we missed his soccer jokes and daily inspection to see who has the most hair - Drew is still winning, but not by much. He got a trim from Brian to stay stylish as long as possible before it all falls out. Jordan noted that it is easier to forget he is sick when he has hair. She is right.

We are on schedule to finish chemo today and escape from the hospital tomorrow. No blood transfusions so far - a pleasant surprise. Drew's schedule, if everything goes like a normal transplant:
- visit the hospital/office every day this week for blood tests plus heart and lung tests in prep for the transplant.
- visit Duke next week for prep, a tour, and probably an avalanche of paperwork and discussions around the process
- check in to Duke the next week (around May 1st) to begin a week of super-chemo, irradition, and then transplant
- be in Duke hospital through May and move to an apartment in early June
- be in the apartment for two months and returning home, hopefully in early August, for strength-building and getting back to normal

Our calls and meetings with the Duke transplant team will tell us more, and we expect constant change. Planning around a cancer adventure is like airline travel through Dallas in the late summer - hope to be on time, expect turbulence and a few thunderstorms, and bring a good book.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Boxley said...

I just wanted to say how much of a pleasure it was to meet and get to hang out with team Llwellyn this weekend. Mrs Llewellyn had it right when she said that you all have entertaining in small quarters down to a science! Your family is an amazing support group. Drew your doing great and i had a great time visiting! Your mohawk is awesome! ---Chloe

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew,

Look out there is a giant pumpkin with arms and clippers behind you. That was close.

The Easter Bunny

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From a friend from long ago. I can still see the young boy Ryan and I knew so well in grade school. Prayers work...I am living proof! Drew, you are in my prayers, Ryan's prayers and on the prayer list of many in Illinios. Hang in there and take one step at a time. You CAN do this! Boxley and Jane...good energy and prayers coming your way also. Love, Debbie Dalton (Minton)

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Team LL,

We so appreciate the blog. We check on you all every day. The details and pictures are great and help us to pray faithfully and more intelligently. We continue to do so daily, and our thoughts are with you often.

Love,

Scott, Elaine, Abby, and Maggie Cox

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Drew, it just seems like yesterday when I was changing your diaper at Christmas at Nee Nee's. Now, both of us are all grown up!! You may not think so right now, but you are one lucky guy! As you know, I work in the medical field and your treatment plan has got my vote for the fastest moving EVER. Man, you have contacts that President Bush probably couldn't get!!! You are truely blessed with awesome doctors and a huge, loving support group! The DUMC transplant center will welcome you with open arms. They are wonderful!! Keeping a positive attitude is a MUST! With your mom & dad around, I don't think you will have a problem! LOL
I hope to see you when you get settled in to DUMC. I check the blog daily so I'll slide on down and pay you a visit.
Take Care... hugs to all!
Your cousin... Christy

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew,

It was good to see you today, you looked great, and it was nice to see your good spirit (mohawk). It was good to hear that you would get to spend a little time at home before going to Duke. Your in everyone here at ECU's prayers.

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Drew!!!

Just thought I'd let you know I sent you some CD's on friday, all my favorite funny guy Dane Cook, with a little Mitch Hedberg thrown in. I saw Dane Cook on saturday night and he was awesome! Hope you enjoy. Love Cara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home