Athletes in general
While the media is fixated on the evils of homerun kings, lacrosse players, and other athletes these days, this blog recognizes just what great people most athletes really are.Chris Jenkins, defensive end for the next-Super-Bowl champ Carolina Panthers, dropped by Drew's room to share knee surgery stories last week, and Dan Morgan and Vinny Ciurciu dropped in for a chat along with Drew's first athletic trainer (now working with the Panthers), Jeremy Boone, who has visited numerous times and helped Drew with his between-chemo training. (No media folks dropped by for a visit to share stories.)
A number of Drew's former teammates and their families have come to visit Drew and laugh about funny moments in past games and roadtrips. Ben Perry even brought a Charlotte Soccer Club jersey. (No reporters for the Charlotte Observer dropped by with a newspaper o
r a tee-shirt.)Brian Sildorf and Drew's brother Ben challenged Drew to a basketball game with his new Nerf basketball and goal. (No one from ESPN came by for a friendly freethrow contest.)
Thanks to all the athletes and their positive attitudes. Game on.
Labels: Transplant
4 Comments:
Drew, missed meeting you when you were down in Oz last year ... but I do want to catch up. If you are anything like your Mum, Dad and Ben ... then you are and will be a champion ... and any chip off Boxley's block has gotta be good. I worked with Boxley for two years .. and believe me he was a star, ever positive, confident and a great support. I know he's directing that same energy to you ... so hang in there, cause mayhem ... live & live Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooog. Look forward to meeting you as a survivor in the near future, Andy
Great photo Dad! Drew- glad to see you are feeling better!! Miss you!
Love
Melissa
Hi Drew ... I share Andy's sentiments .... can't believe we didn't meet up but you were only here for 2 weeks last year if my memory serves me correctly ... many people are thinking of you and asking me on a daily basis for an update ... rest assured you are very much in our thoughts down under! Don't think we need to encourage you to cause any more mayhem ... sounds like Team Llewellyn does that all on their own. Cheers, Jill !
I am loving this. I get the news about Drew and a slam on the media. Has anyone from the media interviewed you about E.E. Waddell?
Oh-can't believe that.
Anyhoo,the next time that I have to write a paper, I want someone from Drew's team to write it for me.
Y'all can make grading papers sound like a Thesis Paper.
Libby
Post a Comment
<< Home